If you are in a crisis or any other person may be in danger – please reach out to your local support and/or emergency services.
- Call 911 if the crisis is a life-threatening emergency. Make sure to notify the operator that it is a psychiatric emergency and ask for an officer trained in crisis intervention or trained to assist people experiencing a psychiatric emergency.
- Crisis Text Line – Text NAMI to 741-741 to connect with a trained crisis counselor to receive crisis support via text message.
- LGBTQ+ Specific- The Trevor Project- If you are thinking about suicide and in need of immediate support, please call the TrevorLifeline at 1-866-488-7386 or click on the button below to reach the Trevor Project- Get Help web page and connect with a service or counselor.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline – Call 800-799-SAFE (7233) to speak with trained experts who provide confidential support to anyone experiencing domestic violence or seeking resources and information.
- National Sexual Assault Hotline – Call 800-656-HOPE (4673) to connect with a trained staff member from a sexual assault service provider in your area that offers access to a range of free services. Crisis chat support is also available at Online Hotline.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – Call 800-273-TALK (8255) to speak with a trained crisis counselor.
Athens, Ga- Local Resources
Sex Addicts Anonymous
Meeting Day: Monday
Meeting Time: 7 PM
Meeting Location Name: Emmanuel Episcopal Church
Meeting Address: 498 Prince Ave, Athens GA 30601
Additional Information: Meeting in At N Pope St. Rear of brick building between church & thrift store.
Main Contact Name: Unknown
Main Contact: 706-395-5322 or ATHENSDOWNTOWNSAA@GMAIL.COM
Type of meeting: Rotating topics by week dealing with step work, green book readings, tools of the program, open topic, and guest speakers.
Meeting Day: Sunday
Meeting Time: 4 PM
Meeting Location Name: Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Athens
Meeting Address: 780 Timothy Rd, Athens, GA 30606
Additional Information: Meeting in Fellowship Hall at the corner of Timothy Rd and Rambling Rd.
Main Contact Name:Lynne
Main Contact Phone: 706-202-7463
Standard Disclaimer for External Links: These links and resources are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Athens Counseling & Psychotherapy of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. Athens Counseling & Psychotherapy bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site, resource, or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site or resource facilitator for answers to questions regarding their content.